Wednesday, September 14, 2011

boogers and bluntness

Physically, pregnancy seems to suit me quite well thus far, knock on wood. I feel sublime.

But mentally?  Well, that's a different story.  It appears I've developed a new-found bitchiness  bluntness.  Case in point - yesterday's hallway exchange with a middle school nose picker:

Nose Picker: "Mrs. N, can you help me with my locker? I can't get it open." 

Me: "No."

Nose Picker: "Why?"

Me: "Because you've been knuckle-deep for the last 60 minutes, dude.  I watched you.  But you know what's worse, kiddo?  I watched you eat them. So no, I will not help you because I don't want to touch something you've touched." 

Nose Picker: "Oh. Well, that's not very nice." 

Me: "It's a lot nicer than what your classmates will say when they catch you eating your boogers in 7th grade...."

Nose Picker: "So how will I get it open?"

Me: "Hmmm. Maybe you could ask  Mrs. Smith? She's GREAT at opening lockers." 

For the record, Mrs. Smith falsely accused me of jamming the copier that day.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Well, at least your new found honesty can also be considered constructive mentoring. Right? :-) Betcha that kid at least *thinks* about what you said before he goes mining for gold again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you are too funny!! :) Glad you are feeling good, so am I. I think we should consider ourselves lucky! Although, I'd really like to stop worrying.....!

    ReplyDelete

Add This