Sunday, September 4, 2011

Well, hello there, little creature.

It's real! It really happened.

We saw and heard a heartbeat last week, and it was such a beautiful sound.  Oddly, I didn't cry, which would surprise most people who know me, as I usually cry at the drop of a hat. Hallmark commercials do me in every time. And Sarah McLachlan REALLY needs to stop narrating those animal cruelty ads. Seriously - waterfalls every time.  But alas, no tears for the heartbeat; I think I was just overwhelmed with awe.

This little blob is now affectionately known as 89Q. Symptom-wise, I feel great, just REALLY tired. Like Rip Van Winkle style. I really think I could sleep for years, so don't be surprised if I wake up looking like Blanche from the Golden Girls. I even nodded off in class the other day while my students were watching a video clip. Oops.  I am still a nervous wreck over everything, and I Google any ache and pain, but so far, so good. The doctor estimates that there is only a 5% chance of miscarriage at this point. Or, as I like to think, a 95 % chance that I will get to meet 89Q in April.  Staying positive.






7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm so happy for you, I know that this has been a long road- I hope that now you'll be able to relax a little bit and enjoy this process. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not be happier for you!!!! So so so so excited-that's your little babe! :) hugs!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for April due dates my friend! Ironically enough in posted a very similar pic on my blog today.......... :) hope school is going well and that you get some much needed rest! The grade two snare oiling me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Overjoyed for you both. love you MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew you could love a blob so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so so happy for you!!! lmk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful blob!!! Seriously. My sister in law is about 14 weeks pregnant and when I first saw her blob, I fell in love.

    Jamie has suggested I start reading you. She's quite the pimp. ;-) I am also an infertile. I am beyond excited to follow your journey and get to know you.

    I wish you an emotionally and physically easy pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Add This