Tuesday, July 5, 2011

let's talk dirty


Words are powerful. Think about it.  They can spark major decisions, both good (Will you marry me?) or bad (Let's take shots!) They can crush you (Sorry, test results are indicating.....) or give you hope (It will happen. Let's keep trying).

Words can make you sound really intelligent.  Want to impress someone? Throw an "albeit" into a casual sentence. Stuck in a conversation?  Tell the other person that the conversation is producing an unbearable ennui. They'll be so confused that they'll stop ear-banging you for a second, which provides the perfect opportunity to slip away from your verbal rapist. 

But there are some words that I refuse to utter. These words are so disgusting, so vile, they immediately produce a little vomit in the back of my mouth.  My best friend and I have been compiling these very words in a list for fifteen years.   If you know us, you know "the list." Some of these words may appear innocent at first, but they're sneaky offenders.  Trust me. Try rolling them around on your tongue for a few minutes and you'll see what I mean. These, my friends, are the true dirty words. They are the grossest words in the English Language.

ample                
ballpark                   
blouse                     
bowel movement     
bush                        
casserole                
caulk                      
chunky                    
clogged
crusty
curdled
dallop
damp
discharge
dookie
dump
feminie napkin
hosiery
hump
insert
load
loaf
loin
lump
mammary
moist
Nickelback
nugget
ointment
ooze
orifice
penetrate
pimple
poo poo
puberty
pubic
pus
rouge
secretion
seepage
shrubbery
sloppy
smear
squat
stump
succulent
supple
swap
tube
any word ending in "ule" (pustule, globule, tubule, etc.)


Have I missed any? What words do you hate?

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! Love it. I also hate some of those words! Including: seepage, tits, panty, and nouget.

    Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm a little late, but I wanted to add Volvo and barf to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nude! I uttered it this evening and nearly did a double take

    ReplyDelete

Add This